First of all, congratulations for your engagement and for choosing Italy for your Destination Wedding! The Italian “I dos” make for memorable destination weddings, rich with history, quality and unique food, fine wines and spectacular venues, from the Tuscan countryside to the charming Venetian Villas, to the beaches of the Italian Riviera or to the Apulian Masserias. But we’re sure you already know this! Now, it’s time to start planning your dream wedding, let’s talk about the most important steps.
Decide the location, the style and set the budget
- You and your partner should talk and decide the location, the mood and the style of your wedding. What are the locations that you like and reflect your style the most? As mentioned before, in Italy there is enough to go around: mountains, sandy and rocky beaches, countryside, glamorous towns, historical villages, etc. Regarding the style, do you prefer a rustic and country mood or an elegant decor? Or maybe a fairy-tale atmosphere or a boho chic style? It is important to stop and reflect on which one most appeals to you.
- Your next step is to set the budget and decide how many guests you want to invite. The 2 factors are obviously strictly correlated – the more guests you have the more costs you have to bear
Choose the wedding planner
- Now it’s time to choose the wedding planner, who will help you pick the best places and venues based on your mood board. It is also important to consider: where International Airports are located, to save you and your guests lengthy trips, and transportation service, for your guests that would like to avoid driving.
- The wedding planner will then help you choose the theme of the RSPV (abbreviation of the French phrase “Repondez, still vous plait” that means “Respond, please”) that are the cards that will be sent to the guests to know if they will come to the wedding.
Invitation, stationery and the catering company
- Once you’ll be sure of the number of guests, you can send the invitation. This step is important because the theme and the customization of the RSVP and invitations will carry through the whole event and will influence the details, decorations and the stationery of your wedding. This is obviously not mandatory, but is certainly one of the not-so-little things that gives the idea of a well-planned and cared for in detail event.
- At this point, the wedding planner will start to search for the perfect catering company, a fundamental part of an Italian wedding. All the points previously mentioned such as the budget, the theme and the number of guests will be taken into account to choose the best offer.
We know it could be overwhelming to start thinking about planning a wedding in another country… that’s why we wanted to give you some information to sort things out! And don’t worry, it’s much less complicated than it seems, just start following these steps and the wedding of your dreams will easily take shape. We hope we have made some clarity and if you have any other doubts, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Have a great weekend!